Seattle, WA – March 2018 – Precor Incorporated, a global leader in providing best-in-class cardio, strength, group training, networked fitness solutions, and programming for fitness facilities is gearing up to debut an exciting new look at this year’s IHRSA in San Diego, CA. To complement its latest product innovations and color options on cardio and strength equipment, which include Black Pearl and Tungsten finishes, Precor felt the timing was perfect to bring a truly unique experience to conference attendees.
Christopher ‘Skip’ Wilson, Senior Manager of Brand and Corporate Marketing, said:
“The Precor® space at IHRSA 2018 has been specifically designed to create the optimal experience for customers to establish and strengthen their emotional connection to our products and to our brand. We really wanted our footprint to give life to the notion that Precor is a brand that is changing the game and to signal that the best is yet to come.
“We thought long and hard about answering these questions: If Precor did have a fitness facility, what would it look like? What energy would it have? What images would we display? What is the mood and feeling that we would like to convey? What would our staff be wearing? What music would be playing? What refreshments would we serve?
“Ultimately, we want visitors to leave our booth with a positive experience and not just knowledge about product. We want to invite people to our ‘house’ and leave them inspired, in addition to being really excited about our latest product innovations. For us, success is in driving that emotional connection to our brand. It is definitely a departure from previous years, but we hope visitors will be thrilled with the changes.”
At 9,600 sq. ft., Precor’s booth (#2131) is one of the largest at the convention. Attendees can expect to experience an interactive tour that introduces new color options on cardio and strength equipment, debuts the all-new Spinner® Climb™ indoor cycling bike, showcases live demonstrations from Precor Master Coaches on the Queenax™, as well as meet with networked fitness partners like eGym®, ClubCom, and RunTV at the Preva® Partner Store.
The 2018 IHRSA lineup for Precor features:
- Something new – showcasing the new look and feel of the brand’s DNA, a new color scheme featuring Black Pearl or Gloss Metallic Silver frames for both cardiovascular and strength equipment will be on display. Now facilities can achieve greater visual cohesion between their cardio and strength areas, and present a modern, contemporary look. In addition, it’s ‘out’ with Pacific Blue and ‘in’ with Dark Tungsten on the cardio equipment covers. Precor strength equipment will also feature an updated palate for upholstery including new colors Hunter Green, Blue Jay and New Purple.
- Spinner® Climb™ – last year saw the launch of the Spinner® Chrono™ Power and making its debut, this year it’s theSpinner® Climb™. The new bike answers the need of operators looking to enhance their non-power classes with a low maintenance, premium bike, with the option to add the Spinner® Studio Console, which is compatible with most leaderboard solutions on the market.
Riders will appreciate premium features including a patent-pending magnetic resistance system, which delivers an equal increase with every turn of the knob without sudden jumps in resistance, a Kevlar® reinforced timing belt drive for a quiet ride with a slight chain-like feel, and the maximum number of adjustments for the seat and handlebars.
Operators will benefit from features aimed at low maintenance ownership including an all-aluminum frame and nylon leveling feet that resist corrosion; a drive train belt with a 10-year warranty and no required adjustments. the option to add
Influential Spinning® Master Coaches Josh Taylor, also a Spinning® brand ambassador, and Cesar Valera will take visitors through four daily demo-based rides featuring SPINPower® programming on the Spinner® Chrono™ Power. During the ride, rider data will be shared via SPIVI technology onto a large leaderboard so participants can see their heart rate and performance.
- Preva® Partner StoreCelebrating the 500 millionth workout, completed this February at the Genesis Health Club in Olathe, KS, on the AMT, Preva networked fitness and its growing capabilities will be on display giving visitors the chance to try out and further investigate new features. “Crossing the 500 millionth milestone is a nice indicator of both the scale of our digital network as well as the state of the fitness industry. It’s a strong sign that digital has reached a tipping point for fitness operators. And, of course, each of those workouts represents someone doing something to make themselves healthier, which is why we’re here in the first place,” said Dave Flynt, director, Experience Development Center.The booth features new partners eGym®, ClubCom®, Gym Farm and EXOS, which give operators the ability to truly enhance their operations and exercisers’ cardio experiences. Additional fresh features like Bluetooth® headphone pairing, Bluetooth® sign-in using a smart phone and single sign-on between a user’s Preva accounts and entertainment apps like Netflix®, Spotify® and Hulu® are all on display and make it convenient for exercisers to access playlists and stay up to date on the latest shows and music while getting in a quality workout.Integration with GymKit and the Apple® watch is also underway to allow the transfer of workout data, such as heart rate, distance, duration and calories between cardio consoles and the Apple Watch. Release of this feature is anticipated in early 2019.
- RunTVThe latest Preva feature release, RunTV, by partner VO2 Media, offers multiple channels providing motivating, human-powered stories, training tips from fitness experts, and stunning interactive trails that synchronize with all Experience™ Series Precor cardio for challenging runs, rides and climbs in some of the world’s most iconic locations.Greg Porcaro, Director of Audio/Visual, Midtown Athletic Clubs, Chicago, IL comments: “As the National Audio/Visual Director for Midtown Athletic Clubs, my focus is to help set our clubs apart from others by creating the best audio and video experience possible, no matter how big or small the club may be. The networked Precor cardio equipment with Preva is a key component. “With Bluetooth audio, mobile phone sign-in, RunTV interactive workouts, and single sign-on that automatically connects exercisers to all their entertainment apps when they sign into Preva, we are able to create a branded member experience that they don’t get anywhere else. It puts our Precor cardio equipment in a league of its own.”
- Queenax™ featuring the Assault AirBike Elite and Assault AirRunnerDemonstrations of the latest innovations in the boutique HIIT experience delivered through Queenax™ functional training equipment and new programming solutions will be performed four times daily. Combined with the Assault AirRunner and AirBike Elite, the Queenax™ boutique HIIT concept makes for a dynamic workout experience. Precor Master Coaches will be on hand to demonstrate the varied programming options Queenax™ and Assault Fitness can provide to provide a functional and/or boutique environment that exercisers are seeking today.
Dan Albaum, Global Marketing Director for Precor states:
“IHRSA 2018 is ideal for Precor to showcase the latest innovations in equipment, technology, group training and programming. Our teams have worked very hard to deliver a show-stopping experience that will not disappoint. From the products and services you’ve come to love from Precor to the latest in networked fitness, we really have something for everyone. We are delighted to invite visitors to experience a whole new Precor and I am looking forward to engaging with our customers about our evolution.”
For more information about IHRSA and Precor visit Precor.com/SomethingNEW